NOW OPEN – Senior Women’s County Representative Coaching Roles
Updated: Jan 5, 2023
Updated: 20th Dec 2022
DCRFU Ladies’ County Representative Roles
We have re-opened the application process for assistant coaches for the Ladies’ Representative Coaching team.
This gives those interested in working with the current women’s county coaching team the opportunity to apply in the interest of open fairness but is not necessarily a guarantee to be selected to join the coaching team. It will depend on the skills coaches can offer as well as what is actually needed which may result in an offer to join another coaching team.
The Roles on offer are:
Assistant Coach ( Please note that having experience in the Women's and Girls game is desirable but not essential) We have attached the role description for the coaching position
The roles on offer are all voluntary and will be appointed by the Senior Ladies’ Manager in consultation with the Chair of RRSC and the DCRFU Women's and Girls Representative Committee.
If you have any questions please contact Ryan Pink, Lead Coach on 07772052766 or Colin Davison, DCRFU Women’s Representative team Manager on 07766527556.
The Ladies’ assessment and training program starts in February 2023 and the 2 pool fixtures are Durham v Northumberland (H) 7th May 2023, Cheshire v Durham (A) 21st May 2023. Winners of pools go on to a semifinal on 28th May 2023
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject '2023 Womens’ County Rep Team Coach Roles' for screening, then possible telephone/zoom interviews will be held for successful applicants. Where possible feedback will be provided.
Please send a covering letter and Rugby based CV.
Please apply by Sunday 8th January 2023 to the above email address
Durham County Rugby Union
County assistant Coach (senior women) – 2022/23
The assistant Coach will work as part of the coaching team and will report directly to the Head coach.
This is a volunteer role.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan sessions/areas where asked for delivery as part of the coaching programme for the county campaign which takes place during the appointed county activity period • Work as part of a team of volunteers to deliver the planned program across the county format;
- Selection sessions
- Training sessions (midweek)
- Match days (Sundays)
Take part in the selection process and help provide feedback to players where appropriate.
• Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players, and provide feedback where appropriate.
Skills and Qualities
• Be committed to furthering his/her coaching skills and be willing to commit to personal, professional development.
• Have a sound understanding of the RFU Player Pathway • Will be minimum UKCC level 2 qualified or working towards.
Experience of coaching the 15 a side game